Coronavirus update: We are now meeting at the church building in Greatfield Road in line with government recommendations, which means (from December 10th) that masks must be worn in church – but can be removed for singing. We would love to welcome you to join us at church. We continue to live-stream our meetings online and welcome you to follow us. We also host the service on Zoom, by invitation only. Please contact us for more information.
Christmas services: We will hold our Christmas carol service on Sunday evening 19th December, at 6pm, at the church. This will also be on Zoom, but not on YouTube. If you would like to join us on Zoom then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“And they were continually devoting themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.” – Acts 2:42
A Word from our Pastor
Whether you have arrived at this page by an accidental click of a mouse or by design you are very welcome and I invite you to take the opportunity to browse this Website of Kidderminster Evangelical Church.
As a local church we are a group of around thirty Christians who love and seek to serve Almighty God through faith in his Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. We do this in response to his great love and care for us.
We are far from perfect but we believe that the bible is God’s truth for the whole world. We have found that he makes himself known to us through the bible, making us new by his power and continuing to change us to be the people he designed us to be.
Our priority within the fellowship is to seek, in dependence upon the Holy Spirit, to hear, understand and apply the teaching of the bible to every area of our lives so that we might live to honour Jesus. We are also committed to the task of making known God’s call to all people to turn from living life for themselves and to trust and follow Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.
We are an independent but mainstream Christian church with links through our membership of the Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches (FIEC) with many other like-minded bible churches across this country.
Do visit us at one of our Sunday meetings or other activities if you are visiting the area or live locally. We will give you a warm welcome if you are searching for meaningful answers to life or if you are a Christian looking for a church in which to enjoy the blessings of Christian fellowship and service together.
History of the Church
Kidderminster Evangelical Church, Greatfield Road has served Kidderminster since the 1930s. Today we still seek to be a contemporary Bible-based church serving Jesus and making him known. We are a welcoming fellowship. Our activities are open to all.
There is a growing programme of meetings ranging from Sunday worship services, midweek Bible study and prayer meetings and recreational clubs for young and old. We enjoy good links with the local primary school.
The church building is a venue for the Partners And Community Together (PACT) initiative in Sutton Park as well as Police Beat Officer surgeries. Our world-wide vision includes supporting overseas missionaries, relief and development work in the Third World and Birmingham City Mission.
Statement of Faith
We believe in:
- The full inspiration of the Holy Scriptures; their authority and sufficiency as not only containing, but being in themselves, the Word of God; the reliability of the New Testament in its testimony to the character and authorship of the Old Testament; and the need of the teaching of the Holy Spirit to a true and spiritual understanding of the whole.
- The unity of the Godhead and the divine coequality of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; the Sovereignty of God in Creation, Providence and Redemption.
- The utter depravity of human nature in consequence of the fall, and the necessity of regeneration.
- The true and proper Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ; His virgin birth; His real and perfect manhood; the authority of His teaching and the infallibility of all His utterances; His work of atonement for sinners of mankind by His vicarious sufferings and death; His bodily resurrection and His ascension into Heaven; and His present priestly intercession for His people.
- The justification of the sinner solely by faith, through the atoning merits of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit in regeneration, conversion, and sanctification, also in ministry and worship.
- The resurrection of the body, the judgement of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ with the eternal blessedness of the righteous and the eternal punishment of the wicked.
- The observance of Baptism as an ordinance of divine institution, but not as conveying any regenerating grace; and the observance of the Lord’s Supper as a commemoration of our Lord’s death, but not as being a sacrifice for sin, nor involving any change of the substance of the bread and wine.
- The personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ in Glory.
This Declaration of Faith, 1936, is unalterable.
Policies and other Documents
- Biblical Guidelines for Giving
- Safeguarding Policy (October 2018)
- Coronavirus Risk Assessment (Reviewed July 2021)
- Coronavirus Guidance to church (July 2021)
- Fire Safety Policy (October 2020)
This is the website for Kidderminster Evangelical Church. We hope you find the information on this site useful, and would be delighted to meet you at one of our meetings.